The Aeropress uses air pressure to brew up to four ounces of coffee in around 20 seconds.
Brewing a Double-Espresso, a 10 Ounce Mug of American Coffee, or a Latte
- Remove the plunger and the cap from the chamber.
- Put a filter in th ecap and twist it onto the chamber.
- Stand the chamber on a sturdy mug.
- Put the AeroPress scoops of fine-drip grind coffee into the chamber.
- Pour hot water slowly into the chamber up to the number 2. We recommend 175 F (80 C) water for dark roasts and 185 F (85 C) water for lighter roasts.
- Mix the water and coffee with the stirrer for about 10 seconds.
- Wet the rubber seal and insert the plunger into the chamber. Gently press down about a quarter of an inch and maintain that pressure for about 20 to 30 seconds until the plunger bottoms on the coffee. Gentle pressure is the key to easy AeroPressing.