V60 is a pour-over cone made of plastic, ceramic, metal, or glass. It is produced by Hario, a Japanese company.
It is available in 3 sizes :
- 01 (small: 1-2 cups)
- 02 (medium: 2-4 cups)
- 03 (large: 3-6 cups)
- Paper Filters
- Coffee server (optional)
- 18g grinded coffee
- Electronic scale
- 270 ml of water
- Put the filter in the V60 and pre-wet it with boiling water, discard water.
- Add coffee in the V60
- Wet the grains by pouring over ~25ml of 92˚C water doing circular movement (clockwise) avoiding the side of the cone by at least 1 cm (1/4 inch), wait 30 seconds
- Start pouring over in the same circular patern until total amount of water reaches about 180 ml wait a few seconds.
- Start another pour up to 230 ml wait 10-15 seconds.
- Start the final pour up to 270 ml
- Serve coffee.