After throwing my grounds away for the last 10 year I have been a coffee drinker I finally decided to see what else this by product could be used for. After only about 5 minutes of research I found more than 20 ways to reuse them.
1) Organic fertilizer- Plants like acidic soils, so add a some grounds to your soil. Rosebushes, rhododendrons, camellias, evergreens, carrots, and radishes do especially well with coffee grounds.
2) Organic pest and ant repellent- Sprinkle in garden or any area of the yard which has unwanted guests.
3) Organic cat repellent- While cats can be awesome pets, they can track through your garden. If you want to keep cats out of a certain area sprinkle coffee grounds.
4) Mushroom growing soil- When growing mushrooms moist coffee grounds are one of the best soil additives.
5) Bait worm life support- The coffee grounds are great to add to the soil to help keep bait worms alive.
6) Closet or dresser deodorizer- Use old pantyhose filled with coffee grounds to scent your closet or dressers drawers.
7) Freezer and refrigerator deodorizer- Place the grounds in a small cup and put in your fridge and/ or freezer to combat bad smells.
8) Pin cushion filler- Dry the grounds and fill a pin cushion.
9) Abrasive cleaner- Grounds are great for scrubbing pots and pans, or any other tough stains.
10) Dust deflector- Put coffee grounds on the ashes in the fireplace to minimize the dust collection.
11) Furniture scratch touch-up- Use a Q-tip and coffee grounds to fill in scratches on furniture.
12) Drain cleaner- Put coffee grounds down the drain to get rid of bad smells.
13) Meat tenderizer- Add coffee grounds to the water while defrosting your meat for more tender meat.
14) Chocolate cake flavor- Turn your chocolate cake into a mocha cake, you can always try with brownies or other baked treats.
15) Hand soap- Rub the coffee grounds on your hands to remove smells like onion, garlic, etc.
16) Face mask- Mix an egg white with 1/4 cup of grounds for an exfoliating face mask.
17) Hair Rinse- After washing hair rub coffee grounds into hair to increase shine, softness and even naturally darken your color a bit.
18) Cellulite rub- Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 1/4 cup of moist warm coffee grounds and spread over any spots that typically have cellulite. Wrap with plastic wrap for a few minutes before showering.
19) Use as a dye- Simply mix with water to dye papers, clothing, etc.
20) Tattoo base- Make temporary tattoos with coffee grounds and henna.
21) Flea bath for dogs- Rub coffee grounds on your dog to prevent fleas.
Originally posted on bleedingespresso.com